February 21, 2005
A few thoughts that flew into my head today:
- Cats are mystified by all the moving we do. All that activity, and so little cat food results from it!
- Note to drivers: judicious use of steering, brakes, throttle, and turn signals are far more effective than the horn for preventing collisions
- We tell children, “Learning is fun! Let’s stop lying to them. Learning is work; and as entertainment, work is overrated. But knowing is fun.
- Political correctness is the new McCarthyism. When the president of Harvard can’t express one unpopular thought during a long speech without his career being in jeopardy, what else would you call it?
- Corrollary to previous point: the woman who actually got “short of breath” and walked out at the offending sentence didn’t do the cause of equal rights any favors
- Corrollary to previous corrollary: philosophically speaking, if masculinism is garbage, what is feminism?
- I’m kind of fond of humanism, myself
Shame on me…